THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES YOU FROM ALL SIN AND GUILT (1 JOHN 1:7).
JESUS IS THE DELIVERER!!
1. This lesson is about how to keep from being manipulated
by the people you minister to, and how not to manipulate the
people in the congregation.
2. It works both ways: pulpit to pew, and pew to pulpit.
WHAT IS WITCHCRAFT?
1. Is someone practicing witchcraft on you?
1. O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you
should not obey the truth? (Gal. 3:1).
2. Jezebel Introduced
1. She controlled her weak husband by the spirit of
witchcraft, and by controlling King Ahab, she was able to
exert immeasurable control over Israel.
2. See also Rev. 2:18-29 for God's reproof.
3. Witchcraft Defined
1. Witchcraft comes from the original word kashaph which
means to whisper a spell, speak a curse, or practice magic.
2. Witchcraft can be separated into two divisions: white
3. White witchcraft refers to the delusion some witches
are under as they believe they are using Satan's power to
affect mankind for good.
4. Black witches understand that their sorceries, spells
and incantations are intended to bring evil on the objects
of their bewitchments.
4. The Brew Principal
1. One thing leaders should understand is that you can
have a witch's brew in the pew without having the witch
5. Identifying the Brew
1. Excessive Control - This is obvious when an individual
attempts to exercise too much authority over others, holding
them back to an extreme degree and keeping them down beyond
2. Manipulation - This occurs when one person changes the
function of another for their own purpose or advantage by
treating that person unfairly or dishonestly.
3. Threats - Witchcraft spirits issue statements of
possible harm or evil.
4. Violations of Rules - This can best be summed up by
the term law breaker.
5. Refusal to Submit to Authority - One of the
characteristics of the Wilderness Generation was rebellion.
6. How do you stack up? What manner of spirit are you
THE JEZEBEL SPIRIT
1. Witchcraft always challenges governmental authority.
2. The Jezebel Brew
1. What could change Elijah? A witch's brew, that's what!
3. The Brew and You: Let me ask you some more questions:
1. Are you going through great times of discouragement?
2. Are you bound by a terrible fear?
3. Are you seeing terrible things happen all around you?
4. Have you felt your confidence in God shaken to the
core of your being?
5. If it affected Elijah, what will it do to you (James
6. You are are not warring against flesh and blood (Eph.
THE ROOT OF WITCHCRAFT
1. The Brew of Rebellion
1. Witchcraft is the unlawful art of imposing one's will
2. The Cain Brew
1. Witchcraft began to work through Cain because he
became very jealous of his brother Abel. He killed the one
who was put in authority over him by God.
2. The witch's brew has spread these lies to the body of
Christ for the purpose of breaking down the faith, trust and
confidence in the hearts of God's people toward the men and
women of God.
3. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion
and every evil work (James 3:16).
3. The root of witchcraft is rebellion against spiritual
TWENTY-FIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF WITCHCRAFT
1. Witchcraft works through rebellion against authority and
refuses to submit to God's designated authority over the
earth. In Mark Chapter 1, we find an occasion where an
unclean spirit operated through a man right in the middle of
a worship service.
2. Witchcraft not only fosters disobedience to authority in
others, but also seeks after gifts instead of the Giver.
3. Witchcraft finds fault in pastors, church leaders and
church policies in order to cause some to take up offenses
among the brethren. Proverbs 6:19 teaches us that one of the
seven especially detestable sins in the Lord's eyes is: he
that soweth discord among brethren.
4. Witchcraft agrees with disenchanted church members
instead of defending church authority. We are obligated to
take a stand for what we believe.
5. The witch's brew questions, undermines and, finally,
judges authority. What do I mean by passing judgment? Here
are some examples:
1. I am leaving the church because the pastors are just
2. I don't feel love in this church anymore.
3. I am going to go to some other church where people are
4. I don't believe the pastor has the right to tell me
what to do.
5. I don't like the pastor's new policy.
6. Witchcraft suggests misappropriation of church funds. For
the love of money is the root of all evil (I Tim. 6:10).
7. Witchcraft can work through women, through wives'
manipulation of husbands or through marital relations or
social favors. The Bible says that a married person's body
is not his or her own (1 Cor. 7:4).
8. Witchcraft rebels against the parental authority. God
said, Honor thy father and thy mother (Exod. 20:12).
9. Witchcraft promotes a mixed spirit in the church. Jesus
said for us to be either hot or cold because if we are
lukewarm, He will spew us out of His mouth (Rev. 3:15).
10. Witchcraft defends family members above authority. A few
children are such skillful manipulators that they can always
make the parent believe it was somebody else's fault.
11. Witchcraft tries to use money to control what is
preached from the pulpit. God is your source and supply
12. Witchcraft retaliates through punishment. A witch's brew
will many times leave you where there is no answer.
13. Witchcraft gives ultimatums to authority. Do not let
that witch's brew come on you!
14. Witchcraft tries to destroy the anointing through sex
15. Witchcraft uses the supernatural to infiltrate spirits
into the church. The Bible teaches that God will not let
anything happen unless He first tells His prophets (Amos
16. Witchcraft uses artifacts and plants them on property
for purposes of having powerful spirits fight against
17. Witchcraft gets properties and finances all tied up.
Child of God, I am telling you, there could be a witch's
brew being practiced on you.
18. Witchcraft violates balance with severe mood swings.
19. Witchcraft gives directional prophecy without submitting
to the governmental authority of the local church. The Bible
teaches us not to lay hands suddenly on any man (1 Tim.
20. Witchcraft uses prophecy to control, manipulate or
impose its will on other people. Your money perish with thee
because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be
purchased with money (Acts 8:20).
21. Witchcraft tries to make people more loyal to race,
gender and causes than to the Word of God.
22. Witchcraft constantly looks for discrimination in the
church to talk among the saints and cause division.
23. Witchcraft instigates action for someone else to go
ahead and say things or do things on its behalf and then
hides in the background as though totally innocent.
24. Witchcraft plants bad seeds through insinuations.
25. The witch's brew tries to suck the life out of the
ministers of a church.
26. The Golden Keys of Deliverance from the Witch's Brew
1. Put light on the matter. And the light shineth in
darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not (John 1:5).
2. Rebuke it, if possible. Jesus had to rebuke Peter and
say, Get thee behind me, Satan (Mark 16:23).
3. Meditate on Psalm 35.
4. Raise up the prayer of agreement (Matt. 18:19).
5. Be quick to say to someone, I don't believe that or I
don't receive that.
6. Bring insinuators / instigators to authority (Matt.
7. Send curses back to where they came, then bless those
that curse you (Psa. 109:17).
VIPERS IN THE VINEYARD
1. Dealing with Dangerous People
1. I am referring, of course, to people operating under
the spirit of witchcraft.
2. Is there a snake setting you up with some of the
1. Hath God said?
2. Hath God told you?
3. Hath God called you?
4. Are you sure this is God?
5. Are you sure this is what God wants from you?
6. Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure?
7. You cannot procrastinate about dealing with snakes,
i.e., dangerous people.
3. When the Devil is attempting to uproot you, recognize
1. Have you noticed your mate lately?
2. Hath God said?
3. She has put on about 35-40 pounds.
4. He is going bald as a cue ball.
5. All he wants to do is watch television.
6. All she does is spend time on the telephone.
7. Have you also noticed that attractive person over
8. Leave that church. You know, really, you have been
there long enough.
9. You know the pastor's stories better than he knows
10. Wouldn't it be more fun to go to another church where
you could hear fresh and new stories?
11. Have you noticed how the folks at the church ignore
12. That job, I'm telling you, I would not put up with
13. They talk to you like you are a dog.
14. They don't appreciate your work.
15. Maybe that's God's way of telling you it is time to
leave that job.
16. Are you sure God really wants you to stay in this
17. The Devil is always trying to uproot and substitute!
18. You will never go further in God until you see
yourself the way God sees you.
4. The Forked Tongued Devil
1. The Devil speaks to us in two ways. The first way is
that he speaks to us in our minds.
2. The second way is that he speaks to us through people,
dangerous people, who knowingly or unknowingly are tools of
5. Some Characteristics and Attacks of Vipers
1. When vipers meet, they are up to no good.
2. Vipers always justify their position.
3. Vipers are only concerned about themselves.
4. When vipers gather, it is always for the big setup.
5. Vipers misuse and abuse authority.
6. Vipers love to flatter with their lips. They will
charm you. They say things like:
1. What a nice person you are.
2. I am so glad God sent you to us.
3. The company has never operated better as when you
7. Vipers use spiritual things to deceive.
8. Vipers target leaders. When you start hearing
flattering words like:
1. Oh, Brother, nobody preaches like you.
2. Oh, I have never felt an anointing like I feel.
3. Even when I think about you praying for me, my body
4. Nobody but you can do it.
9. Vipers charm their victims into a false sense of
10. Vipers get innocent people to do their dirty work.
6. What Do Vipers Want?
1. Your Birthright:
1. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain
the whole world, and lose his own soul (Mark 8:36)?
2. Your Integrity:
1. This is who you really are.
3. Your Calling and Originality:
1. God has you right where you are for a reason.
2. It has to do with your calling and your
7. Ways to Help You Become the Victor
1. Tough love is a positive position.
2. Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your
God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged, and
that it may go well with you on the land which the Lord your
God gives you (Deut. 5:16).
3. Mark and avoid known vipers.
1. Jesus rebuked Peter for allowing Satan to use him,
but He did not break fellowship with Peter for the single
offense (Matt. 16:23).
4. Ask snakes questions instead of letting them question
1. When his agents, vipers, question you, you should
reply with questions back:
2. Have you talked to them about this?
3. Have you cleared this with pastor?
4. Have you talked to God about this?
5. Do you think this is what Jesus wants you to do?
6. Let's go see that brother.
7. Let's go talk with that sister.
5. Keep snakes on their bellies. Upon thy belly shalt
thou go (Gen. 3:14).
6. Put great value on free will, authority, conscience
1. You might reply with one of the following:
2. I do not believe what you are saying about that
brother or sister.
3. This is a good church.
4. I am not going to get in this gossip session.
5. I do not receive that in the name of Jesus.
6. I will not think evil of my brother or sister.
7. Let your character stand up and take your stand!
ARE YOU A QUESTION OR A STATEMENT?
1. You Are to Make Statements
1. Every statement Adam made must have made God smile
because He saw His son doing the identical thing that He
did: making statements.
2. The First Question
1. The Devil asked the first question! Yea hath God said
2. When our first parents ate that fruit, they exchanged
their statements for questions.
3. These are some examples of what are thought and spoken by
1. What did I ever do to deserve this?
2. Why was I born this way?
3. Is there something wrong with me?
4. Why can't I be happy?
5. Why do the good die young?
6. Why am I going through this?
7. Why is my business not prospering when I am trying so
8. Why do I go through this with my children?
9. Why is this thing held up so long when I have been
waiting for it to come in and it seems like it's never going
to come in?
10. Questions, questions, questions! To get us into
4. The Burning Bush: I AM THAT I AM. We find that it means
1. God is reality.
2. God is existence.
3. God is life.
4. I AM REAL BECAUSE I AM REALITY. I EXIST BECAUSE I AM
EXISTENCE. I AM LIFE BECAUSE I LIVE.
5. God's Statement About You
1. There are many people who have no direction in their
lives anymore. Why are they lacking direction?
2. For one reason, because they have begun to move into
the question side of themselves instead of standing on the
statement side of themselves.
6. The Red Sea
1. Have you noticed how the question side of man
predominated over the statement side of man when Israel
reached the Red Sea?
7. Born Again to Make Statements
1. God wants us to get out of questions and into
2. Every person who has been born-again has had to make a
statement to this question.
3. Who do people say Jesus is ? Who do you say that Jesus
8. The Baptism of Jesus
1. Jesus made a statement to the world when He was
9. The Sons of Sceva
1. They made a statement but they didn't know who they
were. They heard about the Jesus and Paul.
2. Each of us must have that personal experience.
10. Are You Naked?
1. Anytime you do not know who God is in a statement
form, but you only know God in question form, then you will
end up going down the highway spiritually stripped and
2. I believe God is showing us something today, and it
is not that the power is not available, but that we have got
to get a statement.
11. Make A Decision
1. Make a decision about who you are in life and
especially the spiritual realm.
12. Cain and Able
1. Cain means can I. Cain became a wandering question
2. What is the New Age philosophy?
1. You are your own god.
2. Everybody is god.
3. We are all gods.
4. We are all connected to God.
5. All you need to do is listen to the god in you.
3. Abel made a statement with his sacrifice.
4. You can only be redeemed by a statement. When God
asks you a question, it's time for you to make a statement!
13. Prayer: Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, reveal
Yourself to my life and situation. Give me the statement I
should make and I will speak it boldly. From this day
forward, I refuse to be bound by questions, but I say what
God says about me. In Jesus' Name I pray.
14. Statement: Jesus is the answer to my question! Jesus is
the solution to my problem. The battle is not mine but the
battle is the Lord's! Devil, you are in trouble! In the
mighty name of Jesus, Amen.
Witch's Brew in the Pew, Dr. Drew Rousse with David
Alsobrook, Word of Faith DELIVERANCE MINISTRY, P.O. Drawer
9380, New Iberia, LA 70562-9380
DON'T STOP HERE! SEE INDEX FOR MORE ARTICLES.